We are passionate about the modern breed of cloud and online accounting systems which have taken the software market by storm.
Thankfully the days of poring over hand written ledgers, problematic desktop software, and clunky spreadsheets are now a distant memory for many! Instead there is a new breed of easy to use online systems packed full of functionality, integrations and features that make book-keeping a pleasure, not a chore.
There is a wide range of new cloud, online systems. We’ve adopted two of the major players in the marketplace, being Xero and Freeagent as our standard recommendations depending on the client’s needs. We also support other popular systems such as Quickbooks, Sage, Kashflow, and Brightpearl.
Some of the main advantages are:-
- Automatic import of transactions from your bank accounts;
- Email invoices instantly to customers with links for immediate payment by card;
- Data securely backed up to “the cloud”;
- Access data from any PC via an internet browser;
- Phone/tablet “apps” for easier data entry on the move;
- Uploading of images of invoices so you can be truly “paperless”;
- Integrated payroll systems;
- “live” reports on business profitability, tax liabilities, etc:
- Submission of payroll and VAT returns to HMRC directly from the system;
- We can access your data live to provide support.
For our contractor and consultant clients, we would usually recommend Freeagent which was written specially “time/knowledge” based business, and has good functionality for mileage and expense recording, invoicing of time and expenses, etc., and is unique in having “live” figures for all taxes, including corporation tax.
For more complex business that buy/sell stock, or need cost centre or department reporting, we would usually recommend Xero.
We can help you move to online software, whether for you to do the data entry yourself or for us to do your “book-keeping” on an online system where you have access to “live” reports on profitability, turnover, cash flow, taxes etc.
Contact us for more details of how online cloud bookkeeping can help you.